As computing infrastructures grow ever more complex the task of finding cost effective industry standard training courses is becoming more challenging for academic sites. To help solve this problem Micro Focus is pleased to offer its Academic Training Partner Program.
The purpose of this program is to deliver to academic institutions training material that Micro Focus has made available for the sites staff development and inclusion into their academic curricula. There will be no cost to academic institutions wishing to join this program as it is more important to Micro Focus that academic sites develop an in-depth knowledge of their industry standard solutions and develop courses to pass on this knowledge to their students, to give them an advantage as they graduate and enter into the industry where they use Micro Focus technologies.
It is possible for a single department or school, a specified grouping of departments or an entire institution to join the program. Anyone eligible to purchase from Micro Focus under Academic Pricing is eligible to take part in this Program.
PartnerNet delivers a core set of benefits to all members as well as an additional set of benefits for Academic Training Partners.
Academic Training Partner Benefits
- Pay no fee to be part of the program once your eligibility has been confirmed
- Access to the full online On-demand Training Library to help train your staff
- Ability to use course materials provided for staff development
- Ability to use all or parts of any existing course provided within the curriculum—blend together sections of the material as you need them
- Ability to create new courses using parts of the material provided—teach only what is required
- Ability to print your own manuals or purchase printed manuals at special reduced pricing if required
- Provision of Virtual Machines with pre-configured software environments and licenses to allow you to build your own environments as the need arises
- Opportunity to become a Testing Partner and deliver testing to your staff and students
- Access to the Channel Link resources available to Commercial Training Partners
- Become part of a growing community of academics teaching industry recognized materials to its staff and students.
- Automatic membership of the TTP academic support community
PartnerNet Program Benefits
The following entities are eligible to take part in the Academic Training Partner Program:
- A school, university or administration meaning any of the following:
- A school, college or university which is accredited, recognized and/or approved by the government;
- A supervisory organization of qualified schools or other educational institutions;
- A local council department of education;
- A preschool, day school, or after school activity center which is accredited, recognized and/or approved by the government
- An educational public facility meaning any of the following:
- A museum; or;
- A library
- A research organization meaning all of the following:
- A non-profit research organization;
- A research organization having its primary affiliation with an accredited degree-granting college or university that would be eligible for participation in this Addendum under point one above; and
- A research organization with a formally documented teaching affiliation with an accredited degree-granting College or University.
- An educational hospital meaning all of the following:
- A non-profit teaching hospital;
- An educational hospital having its primary affiliation with an accredited degree-granting college or university that would be eligible for participation in this Addendum under point one above; and
- An educational hospital having a formally documented teaching affiliation with either a nationally accredited medical school for a clerkship, internship, or residency program for medical students or a nationally accredited nursing school which grants a degree in registered, or the licensed practice of, nursing.